Sat, 26 Aug|
Learn the traditional and eco-friendly Japanese art of furoshiki cloth gift wrapping.
Time & Location
26 Aug 2023, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Bunbury Library, 2 Parkfield St, Bunbury WA 6230, Australia
About The Event
Join Amanda Farr from Greener Options to learn the traditional Japanese art of gift wrapping. This unique Japanese art allows one object to have many uses simply by folding and tying cloth.
Materials required for this workshop will be supplied. Feel free to bring your own materials or some old scarfs.
* Spaces are limited, and bookings are required.
* Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable on request.
* This session is presented by Amanda Farr from Greener Options.
* Light refreshments will be available.
* If you are unable to attend after booking, please let us know on 9792 7190. This enables others to attend in your absence.
City of Bunbury is celebrating a decade of diverting Food Organics and Garden Organics (FOGO) from landfill. The City was the first local Government in Western Australia to introduce the three-bin FOGO system in 2013, marking 10 years of turning waste into compost.
Thanks to a generous grant from Waste Authority WA, the City will be celebrating the 10-year anniversary with a range of events, workshops and initiatives to be rolled out over the year.